WHO WE ARE
Council of Social Workers is the regulatory board for the Social Work Profession in Zimbabwe established in terms of the Social Workers Act 27:21.
The CSW is established in terms of the Social Workers Act 27:21
- to register social workers, that is to say, persons whose profession or occupation is described in the First Schedule; and
- to conduct examinations to qualify persons for registration as social workers; and
- to define and enforce ethical practice and discipline among registered persons; and
- to take such steps as the Council considers necessary or desirable to enhance the status and effectiveness of the profession of social work and to promote the interests of social workers; and
- to exercise any other function that may be conferred or imposed on the Council by or in terms of this Act or any other enactment.
The CSW is guided by the following values:
Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Excellence and Protection